EVERYONE’S OUT FOR BLOOD—HERS Ciara’s con-artist parents taught her three keys to survival: keep low, keep quiet, and most of all, keep moving. But managing WVMP, the Lifeblood of Rock ’n’ Roll—not to mention becoming a vampire herself—has kept her in one place long enough to fall madly in love, adopt an undead dog . . .
. . . and make more enemies than she can shake a stake at.
A psychotic DJ, a wanna-be necromancer, and a posse of vengeful hippies would all love to see Ciara get her day in the sun—literally. To protect Ciara, her fiancé, Shane, has traded his flannel shirt and guitar for a flak jacket and crossbow. If she survives to walk down the aisle, will she recognize the man waiting at the altar?
In this final chapter of the award-winning WVMP RADIO series, Ciara must decide who to trust, whom to love—and whom to kill.
(Description from Goodreads)
Genre: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy
Series: WVMP #4
Does the series need to be read in order? Yes. You should start the series with book 1, Wicked Game.
- I love the writing style. The author often manages to add humor without pulling you out of the story and the other emotions evoked by the scene.
- It's nice for an urban fantasy to deal with the downsides of being a vampire and not in an overly-brooding "woe is me" kind of way. I really loved Shane and Ciara's talk about what foods they missed the most.
- Shane and Ciara are a great leading couple. They balance each other out well, and you can tell that they have a genuine respect for another.
- Shane gets a little more alpha-male in this book and it's kinda hot.
- The supporting characters are wonderful. I especially enjoyed seeing more of Ciara and Monroe's interactions. Maybe someday there can be a story exploring Monroe's origins? *hint hint*
- The world-building is excellent. I especially like the variety and creativity of the different powers people possess. Ciara's power of non-belief is expanded in a lot of unique ways that I didn't expect. Also, Shane's power? Way cool!
- Liked Less
- There was almost no buildup to the showdown with Jim's progeny. The potential attack was discussed and planned for but there was no real sense of urgency. Events do eventually pick up but I wanted more tension beforehand.
- I didn't want it to end! Lust for Life is a great ending to a series that I love. While I'm glad that the series won't get dragged out until it sucks, I'm greedy and I want more of the WVMP gang.
King of Swords
A very enjoyable read with a couple of minor issues. Recommended as are the other books in the series.
Disclosure: I purchased this book.